smkornegay Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Blocking Incoming Email

I have been directed to block all incoming and outgoing email to/from certain accounts that have been disabled. Is there a way to do this using the SMG?
0 Likes
13 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Blocking Incoming Email

Hi,

In SMG you can create an email filter, add the address, enable it for inbound and outbound mail and attach it to the block service.

Also, in GroupWise if you place an account into a "Force Inactive" status it can't send or receive email.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

laurabuckley;2479837 wrote:
Hi,

In SMG you can create an email filter, add the address, enable it for inbound and outbound mail and attach it to the block service.

Also, in GroupWise if you place an account into a "Force Inactive" status it can't send or receive email.

Cheers,

Perfect. Thanks!
0 Likes
javit1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version of GroupWise and SMG do you have? where the recommended worked.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

javit1;2489838 wrote:
What version of GroupWise and SMG do you have? where the recommended worked.

We use GroupWise 2014 and the latest SMG version. I plan to upgrade GroupWise in the new year.
0 Likes
javit1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for answering.
I want to do the same, but I have GW 2012. Any help you share.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

javit1;2489892 wrote:
Thanks for answering.
I want to do the same, but I have GW 2012. Any help you share.

Look at the two solution from Laura above. We finally settled on "in GroupWise if you place an account into a "Force Inactive" status it can't send or receive email."

Works for us.
0 Likes
javit1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have reviewed my GroupWise System and I have not been able to find the recommended option above. If you can tell me where I find her at GW 2012.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

That option was introduced in GroupWise 2014.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Respected Contributor.

laurabuckley;2489911 wrote:
Hi,

That option was introduced in GroupWise 2014.

Cheers,

Looks like option one may be your best bet then. If you have an issue with implementing it in the SMG, you can put in a ticket with GWAVA/MicroFocus and they will assist.

Good luck!
0 Likes
javit1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,
I can bother you and you can help me if there is any way to do it in GW 2012.

Thanks for your time.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Are you wanting to block the user from sending/receiving email to/from the internet? If so that can be done with a GWIA class of service blocking inbound/outbound SMTP communication. Also place the account into an "Expired" state.

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
javit1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura,
what you tell me worked well.

Now, there is a way that the account can access your mailbox and read your emails as a query.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you want to access the mailbox and read the emails then the GroupWise account must be "active".

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.