Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

ClamAV is not running?

I see this issue at some customers and one of my customers got a TID.

Unable to connect to ClamAV service after restart of the appliance server.

So maybe it helps in your environment too. (special thanks go to Peter Cajka (support) who enlightens us with TIDs in case of issues).

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
2 Replies
Commander
Commander

ClamAV was not running on all my three server, too. But the startup type was set to manual. After changing it to automatic (yes, I have the service in webadmin) it was up and running after reboot.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @vlado1 ,

in the meantime support told me that ClamAV will cost a lot of performance and will not catch more mails than the original scanner. That seems to be reason why it has been set to manual ...

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.