Highlighted
MarkMoorhead Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

GWIA Scanner in SMG 7

I am finally getting around to upgrading from GWAVA 6.5 to SMG 7.  We currently only run a GWIA scanner on GWAVA 6.5 because it is on the same server as our GroupWise post office.  SMG7 It will be on it's own server running on a VM.  Would it be best practice to abandon the GWIA scanner on SMG7 and just go with a new SMTP scanner?  Seems like the GWIA scanner is no more, though I did manage to import it onto the new SMG7 install.  I do have a lot of source address exceptions on the old GWIA scanner, that would be probably the only thing I would miss much.

Thank you for any help/suggestions!

Mark

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: GWIA Scanner in SMG 7

I dropped the GWIA scanner for the SMTP scanner some time back and don't miss it.  There is an IP address filter in SMG, so you should be able to duplicate your setup without too much trouble.  I would recommend just setting it up as an SMTP scanner.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.