Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to disable GWAVA 6

I need to turn GWAVA 6 off for a bit to see if it might be causing outbound relay mail

If you could provide the steps I would appreciate it.

Can it be done using the GUI?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It has been a while since I was on GWAVA 6, but I am fairly certain there is a module status page where you can shutdown and start all the services.  Or you could just open a command prompt to the server and issue "rcgwavaman stop" (and then use "rcgwavaman start" when you are ready to bring things back up).  This will of course stop any mail that is flowing through gwava.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

** High Priority **

Ketter,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess what I was asking for was to stop all scanning so nothing would be blocked because I think somehow
Gwava may be blocking my relayed mail.

If I use rcgwavaman stop that would shutdown everything right?

I just don't won't to filter anything

Thanks for your input

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I misunderstood your initial post.  "rcgwavaman stop" will completely shut down Gwava and mail flow will stop completely.  I don't have access to Gwava 6 anymore, but I don't think it has a one-button "stop filtering" option.  You would most likely have to make some configuration modifications and I don't recall which ones exactly.

Have you tried using the Message Tracker to see what is going on with these emails?

A thought about relaying...I setup SMG (formerly Gwava) to only send email from my GWIA.  If I have any devices that need to relay, I have them do so through my GWIA.  I only have internal devices that need to relay, so my GWIA is not exposed to the internet.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Yes - I got it

Thank you Ketter

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.