Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Managing Blacklist

Hello all,

An end user has blacklisted an email address.

Is there a way I can remove as admin, or is this something only the end user can do?

Cheers,

Tom.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

this is something that needs to be done on a client by client basis.  If you, as administrator, have the ability to log in as the users, you can manage it by logging into the Windows client as the user.  If not, the end users have to do it themselves.

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

That's a shame.

Password policy prohibits us from knowing any end user password, and user doesn't have the option to manage blacklist under SMG when they login.

I need to see if there is a way of removing the Blacklist option from the digest email then.

Thanks for the info.

tombott_0-1582030424827.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In addition to the method I listed below, you can also go into the quarantine and choose Options > Black List and remove a specific black list there.

If you want to remove black list rights, that would be in the User or Groups tabs in the quarantine.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you are referring to a black list in SMG, then yes you can change it.  Go to your inbound mail filter policy.  You should have a Black List filter policy.  Open that and you will see sender addresses - next to each address will be the recipient who blacklisted it.  Just remove it in there and save your change.  Of course unless you remove the black list ability for users or at least that specific user, they will be able to add it right back in again if they want.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

thanks Ken.  I missed the heading of SMG this morning.

Pam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

No problem.  I figured one of us was reading it wrong and needed more coffee.  🙂  

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

LOL!  Either more caffeine or sleep will work  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the info, I must be missing something though.

Logged into QMS as 'admin' and I see no option for Blacklist under options:

tombott_0-1582036040012.png

admin user has rights assigned:

tombott_1-1582036074157.png

User who blacklisted does not:

tombott_2-1582036119683.png

Under Mail Filter Policy I don't have a Black List policy defined:

tombott_3-1582036266295.pngtombott_4-1582036410963.png

If I click Black List from my daily digest email I get the following:

tombott_5-1582036517668.png

Think I might raise an SR regarding this.

Many thanks,

Tom.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Black List should show up right between White List and Rights.  It sounds like you just need to create the Black List policy, but going with an SR is probably the best way since support can look at your system and make sure everything gets covered.

I'm curious then as to what prompted your initial question.  Is something being blocked?  If there is no black list policy, users shouldn't be able to black list.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.