syed_17 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
1367 views

Prevent Bulk Mail Forwarding

How can we prevent bulk mail forwarding to outside (external domain etc) using secure messaging gateway. There seems to be a feature in groupwise to prevent bulk mail forwarding , however, can we achieve this using secure messaging gateway too?

Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated.
0 Likes
4 Replies
AutomaticReply Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Prevent Bulk Mail Forwarding

squadri,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit https://www.microfocus.com/support-and-services and search the knowledgebase and/or check
all the other self support options and support programs available.
- Open a service request: https://www.microfocus.com/support
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.microfocus.com)
- You might consider hiring a local partner to assist you.
https://www.partnernetprogram.com/partnerfinder/find.html

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.microfocus.com/faq.php

Sometimes this automatic posting will alert someone that can respond.

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Micro Focus Forums Team
http://forums.microfocus.com



0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Prevent Bulk Mail Forwarding

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 04:04:02 GMT, squadri
<squadri@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>How can we prevent bulk mail forwarding to outside (external domain etc)
>using secure messaging gateway. There seems to be a feature in groupwise
>to prevent bulk mail forwarding , however, can we achieve this using
>secure messaging gateway too?
>
>Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated.


I'm not aware of any. The closest you could come would be a subject
line filter that checked for "Fwd:". But that would block all
forwarding and would be incredibly easy to circumvent. Why do it in
SMG if you can already do it in GroupWise?

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
syed_17 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Prevent Bulk Mail Forwarding

ketter;2494683 wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 04:04:02 GMT, squadri
<squadri@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>How can we prevent bulk mail forwarding to outside (external domain etc)
>using secure messaging gateway. There seems to be a feature in groupwise
>to prevent bulk mail forwarding , however, can we achieve this using
>secure messaging gateway too?
>
>Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated.


I'm not aware of any. The closest you could come would be a subject
line filter that checked for "Fwd:". But that would block all
forwarding and would be incredibly easy to circumvent. Why do it in
SMG if you can already do it in GroupWise?

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html


Thanks for your response Ken.. Can you provide me the link for doing it thru groupwise. was checking gwia switches in gwia.cfg but couldnt locate the exact one. caught up with noflatfwd but that appears to be with respect to hiding the forwarder email address.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Prevent Bulk Mail Forwarding

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 06:56:02 GMT, squadri
<squadri@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>ketter;2494683 Wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 04:04:02 GMT, squadri
>> <squadri@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >How can we prevent bulk mail forwarding to outside (external domain

>> etc)
>> >using secure messaging gateway. There seems to be a feature in

>> groupwise
>> >to prevent bulk mail forwarding , however, can we achieve this using
>> >secure messaging gateway too?
>> >
>> >Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated.

>>
>> I'm not aware of any. The closest you could come would be a subject
>> line filter that checked for "Fwd:". But that would block all
>> forwarding and would be incredibly easy to circumvent. Why do it in
>> SMG if you can already do it in GroupWise?
>>
>> --
>> Ken
>> Knowledge Partner
>>
>> Create and vote for enhancements!
>> https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html

>
>Thanks for your response Ken.. Can you provide me the link for doing it
>thru groupwise.


Quite honestly, I don't know that one. You stated above:

> There seems to be a feature in groupwise
> to prevent bulk mail forwarding


So I assumed you knew of a way. What exactly are you trying to
achieve and why? Knowing that may make it easier to help.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.