Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

SMG Message Tracker not loading - DataTables warning: table id=messagelist - Ajax error.

Jump to solution

Wondering whether others that use SMG have the issue of Message Tracker not displaying messages .SMG version 7.0.0.50.

After getting into message tracker as admin, it displays the message "DataTables warning: table id=messagelist - Ajax error. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/7" and fails to display any messages.

I opened an SR in March and was informed that it is a known issue that development team is working on, but no ETA for the fix. Thought to post here in case someone has any ideas if dealing with it as we wait for the fix.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

I see these kind of error too, also on Ubuntu based installations. It seems there is a problem, if a lot of messages are available to view.

My resolution  was to reduce the time range of listed messages inside the Tracker. Then the messages could be displayed inside the Message Tracker view.

I see a wide range in your screenshot, upper left side. 

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have not seen or heard of that issue.  But I'm curious as to where that version number came from.  I don't see a revision 50 for the SLES appliance - the current revision is 103.  If that is the Ubuntu appliance, it is quite old.  I'd be tempted to just build a new server, duplicating the settings, and swap it for the existing one.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ketter,

It is the latest version 7 running on SLES appliance. It reads revision 103.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@mmbugi 

Put some pressure on your SR and escalate. If there is no reply, come back and tell us.

If there is a solution, come back and tell us too!

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thank you @Rimser. Micro Focus closed the SR at no charge and set our SR count back, based on it being a known issue that development team is working on and no ETA for the fix. I appreciated the refund and that they are working at it. I'll probably set up a new appliance when I get a chance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If there is a bug and if there is a problem with a product, you should never be charged! Especially around the former GWAVA corner.

Your message seems to be a problem accessing the database. I assume you just used the web interface to configure your SMG to get the requested protection. So I do not see a reason that you caused the problem.

If it's a bug then ask for the bug number to get information if they are working on this issue.

Btw I had more than one problem with the message tracker. However right now with sles version 103 SMG seems to fulfill my expected protection more and more.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Of course...the appliance version.  Good to know you're on the latest version.

Standing up a new SMG server is a fairly quick process (provided you don't have too many rules to recreate).  Hopefully they resolve that bug soon, but if you can't wait, it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and set up a new one.  Easy enough to compare settings between the two and then cut over from the old to the new.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums within this community!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

I see these kind of error too, also on Ubuntu based installations. It seems there is a problem, if a lot of messages are available to view.

My resolution  was to reduce the time range of listed messages inside the Tracker. Then the messages could be displayed inside the Message Tracker view.

I see a wide range in your screenshot, upper left side. 

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

@michaelkuerschn,

That was it! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.