Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Sending mails to Google mail

Jump to solution

If I send a mail to Google mail, this mail will be categorized as insecure. Anyone else?

I use the original cipher configuration. I tried this TID https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024569, which improved behavior around Google mail. My sent items were categorized as secure. However my experience showed me that other clients were not able to send mails to me. So I had to reset cipher to the original value.

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
18 Replies
Knowledge Partner

Ok, so I have to wait for support to get a solution. Maybe it's really a problem of location.

However I have found a solution for me by adding two ciphers. But I wanted to know if it is a larger issue ...

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Publish a DMARC policy.(Cannot be used with SMG to date).

@Georg Duees  Not to hijack this thread...but do you have any idea when DMARC will be fully supported with SMG?  Documentation for SPF, DKIM, and DMARC are seriously lacking for SMG and it is a bit frustrating.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
@ketter
Valid concerns and question.
This is more for PM Mike Bills to comment on though.
Knowledge Partner

@tbaki  I try not to contact Mike too often...but I do sometimes wonder if he is getting tired of hearing from me.  🙂    It would be nice to see some progress made in SMG.  There is only one item on the SMG Ideas Exchange that has been accepted.  And it is something that was in GWAVA 6!

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
Knowledge Partner

Well, support did not have a solution. So I tried to find one by myself.

This seems the cipher which is working now:

AES128-GCM-SHA256 AES256-GCM-SHA384 EECDH+ECDSA+AESGCM EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM EECDH+ECDSA+SHA384 EECDH+ECDSA+SHA256 EECDH+aRSA+SHA384 EECDH+aRSA+SHA256 EECDH+aRSA+RC4 EECDH EDH+aRSA RC4 !aNULL !eNULL !LOW !3DES !MD5 !EXP !PSK !SRP !DSS !RC4

The first two strings starting with AES... have been added by me. Now the red lock disappeared. But I have to test it at other environments too.

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks @Rimser 

We need to document these findings as a TID.

Could you please share this with the SR owner so they can write a TID?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@tbaki 

Hi Tarik,

support already has received my experience. However some others should test it too ...

Diethmar Rimser
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.