ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commodore
Commodore
When we send email to another government agency, the email gets returned with the following error:

550 5.7.1 policy by not being TLS encrypted

We have our SMG set for the highest it will do which is TLS 1.2. The other agency has recently moved to TLS 1.3.

Microfocus techs are having a time understanding what is happening and have escalated with our logs to the next tier of support.

Anyone else seen this behavior?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You can give it a try. I posted this for cipher: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMG-User-Discussions/Sending-mails-to-Google-mail/m-p/2845757#M537

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Knowledge Partner

Which cipher do you use? Default?

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

I have never changed anything to do with the cipher used by the SMG appliance.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

You can give it a try. I posted this for cipher: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMG-User-Discussions/Sending-mails-to-Google-mail/m-p/2845757#M537

Diethmar Rimser

View solution in original post

Commodore
Commodore

Worked like a charm.  Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.