chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to connect to database

Hi,
I have installed the secure messaging gateway from the iso onto a kvm server, and there appears to be no errors during the installation. However, when I go to the website for the initial configuration, I get the following errors:

•The config database encountered a problem: Connection to the database SecureGateway at 127.0.0.1 failed: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

This is the same for all the databases, so it looks like the postgresql is not accepting local input although. Anyone got any ideas on this matter as I hope to try out a GWAVA 6 migration once I resolve this issue..

Regards

ChasR.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to connect to database

Hi ChasR,

Whilst I do not have an immediate answer to your question/situation, I'm going to suggest you email: support@gwava.com to get more prompt attention so as not to delay your migration further.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have already tried this but got the following message back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

suppport@gwava.com
host mx1gcs.gwava.com [69.160.74.93]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<suppport@gwava.com>:
550 No such recipient

Looks like gwava is not supplying the support like they used to do now they are part of Micro Focus!

Thanks for the reply

ChasR.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi ChasR,

Take a closer look at the address you sent the mail to.... you've added a third "p" into the address, unless my eyes deceive me.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Laura,
I actually used the partner help option on the GWAVA website, so I assumed that the setting would be correct, and did not bother to check them.
I sent an email yesterday which appears to have got through, but no reply as yet. However, I have got the vm from the OVA file working under KVM, which appears to be functioning correctly, so it looks like there is something wrong with the current iso file.

If anyone is interested, the way to get the vm working under KVM is as follows:
1: unzip the OVA file which gives a number of files with 2 x vmdk files.
2: Use qemu-img convert to convert the vmdk files to qcow2 files.
3: install the vm using KVM but make sure that the network interface is using the virtio driver, and have the qcow1 file as disk1qcow2 drive and qcow2 file as disk2qcow2 drive. Also, and very important, mke sure that both drives are IDE NOT virtio otherwise it will fail.

Cheers,

ChasR.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi ChasR,

Thank you for sharing your information on how you got this working 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update from GWAVA Support

There is a problem with the current iso, but the OVA file works as expected. The problem in the iso is with the postgresql .

Cheers

ChasR.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.