Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Zero Hour Virus filter not available on SLES appliance rev 135?

Jump to solution

I have a new install of the SLES appliance. I think it was initially Rev 126 but it has been updated to Rev 135.

The Micro Focus Secure Messaging Gateway Administrator's Guide states that the Zero Hour Virus filter is available but it is not present on my system.

Can anyone confirm if they have this issue on a new install of the SLES appliance?

@ketter ???

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner

I checked my appliance and the Zero Hour Virus filter does not exist.  I asked support and found that the Zero Hour Virus filter was only available with Cyren.  Newer builds of SMG use BitDefender.  I will leave feedback on the documentation so they can correct it.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner

I checked my appliance and the Zero Hour Virus filter does not exist.  I asked support and found that the Zero Hour Virus filter was only available with Cyren.  Newer builds of SMG use BitDefender.  I will leave feedback on the documentation so they can correct it.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

That's exactly what I would have done but first I thought I would make sure I wasn't the only one with the issue.

You saved me the trouble. Thank you!

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Yes, documentation is wrong.

I upgraded from older SMG versions - and my Zero Hour Virus filter is still there. Although without activity 🙄

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Interesting.  My SMG was migrated from the Ubuntu based appliance about a year ago and all updates have been applied as they came out.  I don't even see that filter anymore.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I am on version 135 (of course).

Unbenannt.JPG

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

I am also on rev 135.  But I just realized I do have a Zero Hour Virus box on the deployment workbench.  Before I had looked in the Filters list only.  So the update that changed SMG from Cyren to Bitdefender removed the Zero Hour Virus filter from the list, but did not remove any Zero Hour Virus filters already configured on the workbench.  Not sure if that was a development oversight or a specific decision not to touch existing configured filters.  If the second, the docs should state that the administrator needs to remove that filter since it no longer does anything.  I'm going to go ahead and remove mine.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Commodore
Commodore

@Rimser  I would recommend removing it, just to avoid any issues/confusion in the future.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.