Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Best practises to change LDAP source

Jump to solution

Want to change the LDAP source from eDirectory to Active Directory.

How can I this?

for example:

- Add new LDAP soucre profile for the AD, and delete the eDir? In this method will be problems with the same usernames in the two sources?

-Add a new appliance and configure all of the setting with AD and delete the old appliance?

What is the best steps for the change?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's what I did and working.

After I finished the configuration of the new one I changed the IP from the old to the new and working with the same DNS record.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
I would create a new appliance and get that working exactly as I need ut before swithing to the new and then retire the old.

Best luck.
0 Likes

That's what I did and working.

After I finished the configuration of the new one I changed the IP from the old to the new and working with the same DNS record.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.