ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clustering, Stats, Multi Environments

We have 3 environments: DEV, UAT, and PRD all running the combined OSP, IDM, SSPR modules.

DEV is a single server using PostgreSQL and v4.0.0.2.
UAT is a dual cluster using Microsoft SQL and v4.0.0.2.
PRD is a dual cluster using Microsoft SQL and v3.3.1.6 (until tomorrow morning when it will be uplifted to v4.0.0.2).

A couple of issues here.

1) Trying to /config/editor for more than 1 environment in a browser fails.....it appears to be something around the Configuration Password (stored for 1 hour) conflicting between the two....common temp storage in browser? If I restart browser, I can get in properly.......if I don't, I end up having issues loading the editor. This isn't a problem between v4 and v3, just between 2 x v4.....when it was all v3, the problem didn't occur....

2) Stats. We really need the states stored in Remote Database, having it in LocalDB on 2 nodes doesn't allow for accurate statistics as each node needs to be interrogated (significant complex work due to OAuth URLs and Load Balancer) then stats combined to give overall view of solution. Jason, any plan for this in future?

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Clustering, Stats, Multi Environments

And Q3 ;o)

We have 3 Optional Forgot Password recovery options.....of which only 1 needs to be utilised to reset password..... How can we configure SSPR/CLE so that the user is forced to set up at least 1 of them, but allowing them to still choose which one?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

ScorpionSting;2446787 wrote:
And Q3 ;o)

We have 3 Optional Forgot Password recovery options.....of which only 1 needs to be utilised to reset password..... How can we configure SSPR/CLE so that the user is forced to set up at least 1 of them, but allowing them to still choose which one?

Sorry, I can't think of a way to do this within SSPR. It's a good idea for a future enhancement though.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

1) I haven't heard issue like this reported before. The Config Editor login state is stored via session cookie so as long as the domain (scheme+host+port) is different for each environment its unlikely one would conflict with the other.

2) This is something we are looking at for a future enhancement, I can't comment on when or how it might be implemented. One tip is that SSO/OAuth login can be bypassed with the parameter sso=false, such as: /sspr/private/login?sso=false , which will make it slightly easier for you trying to get to a specific server.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks Jason.....

1) Maybe its something else....but seems to be able to be replicated quite easily......bring up two instance, change config on both, save, logout (keep same browser session), log back in, try to config.....

2) Thanks for the bypass tip.

3) Is there an specific Micro Focus Ideas portal for SSPR?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.