Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
706 views

Couple of questions

Hello,

Someone asked me questions regarding SSPR 3.3 and 4.0.
I guess the answer is "no" but I just want to verify that I'm not
missing something.

1) Can you export a list of users from "People Search" or the "Help
Desk" module to a CSV or Excel file?

2) Can you use AND constructs in the Help Desk / People Search?
For example if you want to find all users belonging to department X and
unit Y?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Couple of questions

alekz wrote:

> 1) Can you export a list of users from "People Search" or the "Help
> Desk" module to a CSV or Excel file?


Did you try selecting the results table in the browser, then copy/paste into
Excel or LibreOffice? Both are pretty good at converting HTML tables into
spreadsheet contents.

> 2) Can you use AND constructs in the Help Desk / People Search?
> For example if you want to find all users belonging to department X and
> unit Y?


SSPR most likely performs LDAP a search like

(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(ou=<your search string goes here>))

so you might be lucky entering a filter fragment like

Sales)(ou=Marketing

Did not try that myself, so please post back your results.

Cheers, Lothar






--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Couple of questions

Tried your suggestions, I'm not able to select the table for some reason.

It is as joakim suggested in regards to the LDAP filter, the AND is the
default when entering multiple values separated by a space, so that
works fine.

Thanks to you both 🙂

On 2016-09-27 16:19, Lothar Haeger wrote:
> alekz wrote:
>
>> 1) Can you export a list of users from "People Search" or the "Help
>> Desk" module to a CSV or Excel file?

>
> Did you try selecting the results table in the browser, then copy/paste into
> Excel or LibreOffice? Both are pretty good at converting HTML tables into
> spreadsheet contents.
>
>> 2) Can you use AND constructs in the Help Desk / People Search?
>> For example if you want to find all users belonging to department X and
>> unit Y?

>
> SSPR most likely performs LDAP a search like
>
> (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(ou=<your search string goes here>))
>
> so you might be lucky entering a filter fragment like
>
> Sales)(ou=Marketing
>
> Did not try that myself, so please post back your results.
>
> Cheers, Lothar
>
>
>
>
>
>

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Couple of questions

Try Lothars suggestions but there is no export function like the one in the UA.

For the AND construct that is the default. If you add several attributes as searchable all of them will be searched dynamically for the values you enter. Department and unit will work just as good as first name and last name.

I doubt there is a OR construct there though.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.