ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do you change the SSPR Configuration Password?

I am wondering how I should go about resetting my SSPR's Configuration Password? In the NetIQ documentation it states the following:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/self-service-password-reset-41/adminguide/data/t41s08bvnwez.html
"During the Self Service Password Reset installation, you specify a Configuration Password. Self Service Password Reset requires the Configuration Password prior to any modifications of its configuration. In the unlocked configuration mode, it is possible to delete the current Self Service Password Reset configuration, and then reconfigure Self Service Password Reset as if it is a new installation, including specifying a new Configuration Password."

Can I just reset the password without deleting the entire configuration? That seems a bit dramatic.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How do you change the SSPR Configuration Password?

I think this is what you are looking for https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014954:

For SSPR was installed in Windows or Linux, do the following:

Edit the SSPRConfiguration.xml file found in the Tomcat directory under webapps/SSPR/WEB-INF
and then restart the SSPR service.

Edit the SSPRConfiguration.xml as follows:

[INDENT]Set "configIsEditable" to true. It should look like this:

<property key="configIsEditable">true</property>

Delete the property "configPasswordHash"

<property key="configPasswordHash">

[/INDENT]
0 Likes
ericking7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

joakim_ganse;2481263 wrote:
I think this is what you are looking for https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014954:

For SSPR was installed in Windows or Linux, do the following:

Edit the SSPRConfiguration.xml file found in the Tomcat directory under webapps/SSPR/WEB-INF
and then restart the SSPR service.

Edit the SSPRConfiguration.xml as follows:

[INDENT]Set "configIsEditable" to true. It should look like this:

<property key="configIsEditable">true</property>

Delete the property "configPasswordHash"

<property key="configPasswordHash">

[/INDENT]

So what happens once that value is deleted, does SSPR prompt to set a new Configuration Password?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If I remember correctly, Yes.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.