Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
738 views

SSPR 3.0 and NMAS/UP integration?


I've not read the docs all the way through yet, but noticed that there's
some enhancements to NMAS integration?

My specific questions:

We currently have NMAS/UP enabled with challenge response and use Novell
Client and/or IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (yeah I know) to fill out the 1
mandatory question and one "choose your own" questions.

Soo:

If we switch to SSPR 3.0 to do the web-based challenge/response,
(instead of UA), will it be able to read the current questions/answers
we have stored in NMAS/UP?

And if so:
What if you still continue to use the UserApp to allow users to
set/change their password and challenge/response questions? (Or must we
point them to SSPR 3.0


You may ask, why use SSPR 3.0 then?

Well
1) IDM 3.6.1 doesn't work with any of the newer browsers properly when
sending to the password expired portlet thing, and it's not as easy to
upgrade (time, etc.)

2) Depending on Jason's answer to my other questions in the other
posting, if SSPR 3.0 can let us do the "pool" of questions, then we'd
like that instead of IDM UA for password stuff.


--
kjhurni
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kjhurni's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=322
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48654

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR 3.0 and NMAS/UP integration?

On 09/10/2013 07:44 AM, kjhurni wrote:
>
> I've not read the docs all the way through yet, but noticed that there's
> some enhancements to NMAS integration?
>
> My specific questions:
>
> We currently have NMAS/UP enabled with challenge response and use Novell
> Client and/or IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (yeah I know) to fill out the 1
> mandatory question and one "choose your own" questions.
>
> Soo:
>
> If we switch to SSPR 3.0 to do the web-based challenge/response,
> (instead of UA), will it be able to read the current questions/answers
> we have stored in NMAS/UP?


I believe so, yes. If you use NMAS on the backend you use NMAS on the
backend.

> And if so:
> What if you still continue to use the UserApp to allow users to
> set/change their password and challenge/response questions? (Or must we
> point them to SSPR 3.0


Do it by running configupdate in the UserApp and actually have the UserApp
use SSPR as its backend challenge/response stuff. As a result when
somebody clicks 'Forgot My Password' in the UserApp they will be sent
magically to SSPR (it's just a configurable link) and all is well.

Good luck.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR 3.0 and NMAS/UP integration?


ab;233802 Wrote:
> On 09/10/2013 07:44 AM, kjhurni wrote:
> >
> > I've not read the docs all the way through yet, but noticed that

> there's
> > some enhancements to NMAS integration?
> >
> > My specific questions:
> >
> > We currently have NMAS/UP enabled with challenge response and use

> Novell
> > Client and/or IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (yeah I know) to fill out the 1
> > mandatory question and one "choose your own" questions.
> >
> > Soo:
> >
> > If we switch to SSPR 3.0 to do the web-based challenge/response,
> > (instead of UA), will it be able to read the current

> questions/answers
> > we have stored in NMAS/UP?

>
> I believe so, yes. If you use NMAS on the backend you use NMAS on the
> backend.
>
> > And if so:
> > What if you still continue to use the UserApp to allow users to
> > set/change their password and challenge/response questions? (Or must

> we
> > point them to SSPR 3.0

>
> Do it by running configupdate in the UserApp and actually have the
> UserApp
> use SSPR as its backend challenge/response stuff. As a result when
> somebody clicks 'Forgot My Password' in the UserApp they will be sent
> magically to SSPR (it's just a configurable link) and all is well.
>
> Good luck.


Awesome, thanks Aaron!


--
kjhurni
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kjhurni's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=322
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=48654

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.