Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SSPR 4.6 - Logging?

I'm looking in to ways to control the disk space consumed by logging in the various IDM46 identity apps. Right now, I'm looking at SSPR. In addition to what it dumps in to the Tomcat catalina.out file, I found log files being maintained in /opt/netiq/idm/apps/sspr/sspr_data/logs. I see no settings to control these, nor any documentation so far referencing them. It looks like SSPR is rotating these based on size (they're all 11M), and keeping 50 files.

Is this configurable somewhere?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR 4.6 - Logging?

That should be file log level.

File Log Level
Select the appropriate log level to log events to the local file log. The system writes the log files to the WEB-INF/logs directory of the servlet.

Configure in the log4jconfig.xml file or the log file settings for Tomcat.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

joakim_ganse;2457906 wrote:
That should be file log level.

Configure in the log4jconfig.xml file or the log file settings for Tomcat.

Except that this isn't being done by tomcat, and there's no mention of it in any of the log4j config files. In fact, the only mention of "sspr_data" in an *.xml file is in the zerog uninstaller data.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

dgersic;2458006 wrote:
Except that this isn't being done by tomcat, and there's no mention of it in any of the log4j config files. In fact, the only mention of "sspr_data" in an *.xml file is in the zerog uninstaller data.

The size/quantity of files can't be configured but you can set: 'Settings ⇨ Logging ⇨ File Log Level' to Off and then contents of the file should be zero or very near zero.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

So, is this the SSPR equivalent to trace files in idm? It would be nice to be able to decide where they are written and the size of them.
The documentation only has this information and maybe that is all there is at the moment.
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/self-service-password-reset-41/adminguide/data/b14knaes.html#b1ltti2j
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.