pappa_recd1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SSPR Localized Emails

Hi,

I would like to know how the localized emails are delivered to the end user based on the action that he does ? Does SSPR picks up the browser locale and delivers the same ? or uses the srpvpreferreld locale attribute of the user ? or it has something to do with the SMTP server ?

I could not see the back-end architecture of the localization of the email delivery process in the SSPR documentation?

Customer wants to have this Spanish language implemented. and they want the emails to be delivered in Spanish if the browser locale is set to Spanish. They want the emails to be delivered in English if the browser locale is English,

Please help.

-Prabhat
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR Localized Emails

Not sure on this but since you can use SSPR without eDirectory I dont think it will use any of those (srpvpreferreld) attributes.
I belive it is basing the locale on the browser settings.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for the response. I checked and found that it was able to successfully deliver the email without setting the attribute srpvpreferredlocation attribute. But what is the architecture behind it and how does SSPR knows about the user's browser's locale ? Can you please point me the documentation where it talks about the emal delivery from SSPR based on user's browser locale.

Thanks Again.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Does SSPR have the capability to send localized emails based on a user attribute.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for this but it points to the localization that is supported by SSPR. In my case the business requirement is as below

" User has a browser locale set to English, but his country of origin is Spain so all emails should be delivered in Spanish. Email delivery happens when the user invokes 'Forgotten Password' , 'Change Password', 'Activate User' 'Helpdesk Module to Reset Password'

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.