johnbirkmeier Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SSPR and remote Oracle database

I'm wondering if anyone has had success getting connected to Oracle (12c) for remote database. I'm running SSPR v3.3.1.6 b179 r38919 on a Windows 2012 R2 server, and getting the following error when I try to test the database settings.

"SyntaxError: JSON parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"

ojdbc7.jar has been copied to C:\Program Files\NetIQ Self Service Password Reset\apache-tomcat-8.0.36\webapps\sspr\WEB-INF\lib on the server.

Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Reply
johnbirkmeier Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR and remote Oracle database

Issue resolved. Turns out that you cannot have the configuration set for ojdbc7.jar, and the jar file in the \WEB-INF\lib folder at the same time. This is the response from my SR:

"The loading of any data within the SSPR configuration manager doesn’t really do anything but update the contents of the ssprconfiguration.xml file. This file is then used by the SSPR instance.

In previous versions of SSPR the configuration for database required you to download the jar file from the manufacturer and place it into the webinf/lib folder. But with 3.3 the developer added this to the configuration manager.

Unfortunately, there was a bug in this process that wasn’t reading the jar files correctly and thus the information is not correct. The bug identified was against the ojdbc6.jar file but the symptoms for that bug was that the load of the driver would fail with a java null runtime exception. The symptoms here with the ojdbc7.jar file was that it did appear to load correctly, but it would fail during initialization. As you have found.

The bug has been addressed in the new 4.0 version of SSPR. The fix for 3.3 is to use the old method of copying the file manually to the webinf/lib folder. I wasn’t (sorry my mistake) aware that the information in the ssprconfiguration.xml file would be used if the file was in the lib folder. But the logs showed that this took precedence. So deleting the driver from the configuration and ensuring that it exists in the lib folder fixed the issue by forcing SSPR to load the driver from the lib folder."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.