New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

SSPR set password via REST API call

Jump to solution

Hi,
I've been able to change password for self via rest API call but unable to change password for others. I get the below error:
{

"error"true,
    "errorCode"5027,
    "errorMessage""You do not have permission to perform the requested action."
}

URL

https:/dev.com/sspr/public/rest/setpassword

BODY

{"username":"cn=ab1124,ou=user,o=data","password":"abc12345"}

I can't figure out what kind of permissions the message is asking me to check when I use the 'username' parameter in Postman.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I guess they need to be member of the helpdesk role in SSPR as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

So the back end is obviously eDirectory.  In SSPR are you configured to use a Proxy User for HElpdesk tasks?  I.e. The changes in eDir are made via the Proxy or are they made by the logged in user?

In both cases does the user (logged in, or Proxy) have eDir permissions to change the password?

There is a Password Management permission you can grant at a user or container level (iManager, Rights, select the User or container, then assign the attribute right, and inheritable or not as you need).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

I guess they need to be member of the helpdesk role in SSPR as well.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.