Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
678 views

SSPR token length

Hi have successfully setup SSPR and we are now testing the SMS feature.

Is there any way to shorten the token code that is sent via SMS? Our current
SMS messages are sending 4 separate messages due to the character limit.

We would the like ability to have a random generated token of approximately
10 characters. I noticed the url shortner, but the end user would still have
to type a series of numerous characters.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR token length

no-Reply wrote:

> Hi have successfully setup SSPR and we are now testing the SMS feature.
>
> Is there any way to shorten the token code that is sent via SMS?


The token is configure in Settings - Token and it's length can be set there
(defaults to 16 characters on my test machine).
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR token length

Thanks Lothar.

I changed it to 1 and it stills send a very long token.

"Lothar Haeger" wrote in message news:xn0ja08zu1ko3k002@nntp.netiq.com...

no-Reply wrote:

> Hi have successfully setup SSPR and we are now testing the SMS feature.
>
> Is there any way to shorten the token code that is sent via SMS?


The token is configure in Settings - Token and it's length can be set there
(defaults to 16 characters on my test machine).
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR token length

no-Reply wrote:

> I changed it to 1 and it stills send a very long token.


Then you should probably open a SR about it....
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR token length

no-Reply wrote:

> The token is configure in Settings - Token and it's length can be set there
> (defaults to 16 characters on my test machine).


Are you by any chance use the default "Crypto" token storage method? Click View
- Auto-Expand Help Text and you'll find a possible explanation for the behavior
you see:

"Use crypto to create and read tokens, they are not stored locally. Tokens will
work across multiple application instances if they have the same Security Key.
Crypto tokens ignore the length rules and may be too long to use for SMS
purposes."
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR token length

Just noticed that the setting you have mentioned is related to email and not
SMS.

Thanks

"Lothar Haeger" wrote in message news:xn0ja08zu1ko3k002@nntp.netiq.com...

no-Reply wrote:

> Hi have successfully setup SSPR and we are now testing the SMS feature.
>
> Is there any way to shorten the token code that is sent via SMS?


The token is configure in Settings - Token and it's length can be set there
(defaults to 16 characters on my test machine).

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SSPR token length

no-Reply wrote:

> Just noticed that the setting you have mentioned is related to email and not
> SMS.


In my copy of SSPR the text in the token config page reads. "Options for email
*and sms* tokens sent to users. Chose a token method appropriate to your
environment."
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR token length

I will have a look this afternoon and get back.

Thanks again

On 2014-11-27 07:11:36 +0000, Lothar Haeger said:

> no-Reply wrote:
>
>> Just noticed that the setting you have mentioned is related to email and not
>> SMS.

>
> In my copy of SSPR the text in the token config page reads. "Options for email
> *and sms* tokens sent to users. Chose a token method appropriate to your
> environment."



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SSPR token length

On 2014-11-27 15:55:35 +0000, no-Reply said:

> I will have a look this afternoon and get back.
>
> Thanks again
>
> On 2014-11-27 07:11:36 +0000, Lothar Haeger said:
>
>> no-Reply wrote:
>>
>>> Just noticed that the setting you have mentioned is related to email and not
>>> SMS.

>>
>> In my copy of SSPR the text in the token config page reads. "Options for email
>> *and sms* tokens sent to users. Chose a token method appropriate to your
>> environment."


I changed the token from Crypto to LDAP and that did the trick.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.