marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Set Password Hint in SSPR?

I am trying to deploy SSPR in my environment because I have a few users who's passwords consistently don't sync correctly between eDir, AD, and other systems when using the CTRL+ALT+DEL password reset method.

In my developing instructions, I am trying to enable the Forgot Password, and eventually display the password hint, but I'm finding a problem. In the SSPR portal when I reset the password, there is no option to set/update the password hint, I can only find this when using the CTRL+ALT+DEL Reset Password method. So what happens when I try to use the Forgot Password option on the client login page I get either an outdated hint or a "no hint" message.

Am I missing a checkbox or option somewhere? I'm not the original person to set this up and I've found outdated instructions about removing the Password Hint Gadget in iManager, that reference menu options that don't seem to exist anymore, but I'm not finding an option to add a password hint field to the SSPR Password Reset page.

Thanks for any direction!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Set Password Hint in SSPR?

If your referring to the 'NMAS password hint' feature found in the Novell Client, it is not supported in SSPR. Your best option is to use challenge/response questions instead.
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Set Password Hint in SSPR?

jrivard;2450832 wrote:
If your referring to the 'NMAS password hint' feature found in the Novell Client, it is not supported in SSPR. Your best option is to use challenge/response questions instead.

Thank you, didn't think to change that setting.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.