syed_17 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

migrate & upgrade sspr 3.3 from linux to SSPR 4 appliance

We are planning to migrate our existing sspr3.3 on linux to latest sspr appliance 4.x. What steps are to be followed in order accomplish this. Any helpful ideas will be highly appreciated.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: migrate & upgrade sspr 3.3 from linux to SSPR 4 applianc

You need only to export the configuration xml file and export the LocalDB file from your existing server, and import those into the appliance.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I have deployed sspr appliance with the same IP address, hostname etc. Downloaded ssprconfiguration.xml & localDB from the Linux SSPR . Imported ssprconfiguration.xml from the appliance browser. when trying to login it shows the error:" Error5017 Directory unavailable. if this error occurs repeatedly please contact your helpdesk" Please suggest how to proceed. LocalDB not yet imported as need to login and proceed to import LocalDB
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

I would appreciate if someone provides the link or detailed steps to be followed in order to migrate SSPR 3.3 from Linux to sspr appliance 4.x. Also, how our customized theme is supposed to be imported for user look and feel.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

squadri;2448062 wrote:
I would appreciate if someone provides the link or detailed steps to be followed in order to migrate SSPR 3.3 from Linux to sspr appliance 4.x. Also, how our customized theme is supposed to be imported for user look and feel.

I was told that you don't migrate the database, just the config.

I did that on my end and it mostly worked. I had redo the server ports as the 4.1 appliance uses https (port 443) by default now, whereas the old one used TCP port 8080.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

squadri;2448061 wrote:
I have deployed sspr appliance with the same IP address, hostname etc. Downloaded ssprconfiguration.xml & localDB from the Linux SSPR . Imported ssprconfiguration.xml from the appliance browser. when trying to login it shows the error:" Error5017 Directory unavailable. if this error occurs repeatedly please contact your helpdesk" Please suggest how to proceed. LocalDB not yet imported as need to login and proceed to import LocalDB

Since you can't login, you won't be able to get enough error detail to troubleshoot. Go to the appliance management UI (port 443), select Administrative Commands, and choose unlock configuration.

Then back at SSPR if you try to login again you should get more error detail. If this still doesn't give enough information, go to the upper right menu and view the logs to discover the issue with the ldap connection. It is not necessary to import the LocalDB as part of an upgrade. The LocalDB import is optional and is needed only if you want to preserve your servers statistics, audit records and other LocalDB contents.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.