New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

unable to determine appliance hostname

I frequently see this entry in the SSPR log;

2019-11-22T08:00:46Z, ERROR, health.ApplianceStatusChecker, {#,health} error communicating with client 5015 ERROR_INTERNAL (unable to determine appliance hostname, hostname file environment param ApplianceHostnameFile is not set)

I have no luck with my searches on the subject. Tried setting a global Environment variable in Suse but the error continued. I suppose it is a appliance specific parameter.

SSPR seem to be working fine regardless but I really don't like having the logs full of errors even if it is purely cosmetical.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

I had this exact issue, opened a low priority SR (like you said - no adverse affects) and here was the response:

"I just heard back from development on this and they advised that it appears to be a cosmetic issue, but still a bug/defect. We have opened bug #1152360 to report the issue and will notify you via email once the issue has been addressed/corrected."

There isn't a fix yet, but they are aware of it and have a bug issued for it.

Robert Ivey
GCA Technology Services
https://www.gca.net
Highlighted
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

We have the same issue and dont want to having the logs full
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Ditto

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.