killerdoomc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Line break in securelogin script

Hello all!

I'm busy creating a securelogin script which can support my IBM notes program in multiple languages. The script is catching the popup messages of notes, removing those and only shows some secure login pop-ups when needed, like for example when a password is expired or incorrect.

I shortened my script by using Regex to place the multiple language message boxes in 1 dialog, instead of making a dialog for each language. Below is an example of a dialog I'm using:

Dialog
Title -regex "Lotus Notes|IBM Notes"
Ctrl -regex #65535 "WARNING: Your password will expire on(.*)|WARNUNG: Ihr Kennwort läuft ab am(.*)|AVVISO: la password scadrà il(.*)|AVERTISSEMENT : votre mot de passe arrive à expiration le(.*)|Advertencia: Su contraseña caduca el(.*)"
EndDialog
Call PwdWillExpire

As you can see, this isn't easy to read for the other developers, so to increase the readability I planned to put some line breaks after the |'s (OR) in the regex. The problem is that I can't find a way to do use line breaks in the securelogin script, I checked the application definition guide, but there is no mentioning of line breaks in it. I also tried to use a regex to ignore the linebreaks in the line, but sadly that also doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to use line breaks in the dialogs? I want to make my dialog look like the example below:

Dialog
Title -regex "Lotus Notes|IBM Notes"
Ctrl -regex #65535 "WARNING: Your password will expire on(.*)|
WARNUNG: Ihr Kennwort läuft ab am(.*)|
AVVISO: la password scadrà il(.*)|
AVERTISSEMENT : votre mot de passe arrive à expiration le(.*)
|Advertencia: Su contraseña caduca el(.*)"
EndDialog
Call PwdWillExpire

I hope anyone knows how to achieve this.

Thanks!

Sander
0 Likes
2 Replies
florianz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Line break in securelogin script

i'd like to know that too 🙂

and it 'd be nice if it'd ignore preceding whitespace, like:

<code>
Ctrl -regex #65535 "WARNING: Your password will expire
on(.*)|<linebreak_signifier>
<\s{3}>WARNUNG: Ihr Kennwort läuft ab am(.*)|<linebreak_signifier>
<\s{3}>AVVISO: la password scadrà il(.*)
</code>

another thing to point to here:
i had severe perfomance impacts with using regex in dialog matching with
notes-clients as citrix published applications. if you have the same
scenario i'd advise you to look into that on a server with a bit of load
over some time ...

florian

--
florianz
------------------------------------------------------------------------
florianz's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=309
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=56464

0 Likes
killerdoomc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Line break in securelogin script

I sadly found out by using the service request function that it's not possible to put linebreaks in your script without screwing everything over. 😞
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.