frankabhinav Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Unablr to rename login

Hi

Ihave a multiple accounts and I like to rename all my my logins.

But for first login it is denying me rename. Even I delete and rename it is coming back again.
0 Likes
1 Reply
florianz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unablr to rename login

does come from the application 'creating' this login. derives from the application name.

to control loginnames use 'SetPlat <Loginname>' as more or less the first thing in your application definition (e.g. SetPlat twitter.com or SetPlat Twitter)
see: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/securelogin-86/application_definition_guide/data/bk0nzg3.html#bk0nzyb

and to 'migrate' to a new loginname without having your users input their passwords again use something like this:

SetPlat myOldLogin

# 'SetPlat myOldLogin' can get changed to 'SetPlat myNewLogin' when all users have at least once executed the app-
# lication definition
Set $UserName(myNewLogin)$UserName
Set $Password(myNewLogin)$Password

if a user logs in it's credentials are (additionaly) stored in the new login, so over time all your users should
have two separate (old/new) logins.

one caveat with SetPlat (or the other -Plat(s)) is, that ?-variables will revert to <NOTSET>, keep that in mind.

florian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.