florianz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

site/endsite -events mutate

(modern) web applications oftentimes make it necessary to create overly complex logic, sometimes involving counters and multiple
if-constructs in case the page is matched (e.g) twice by a site/endsite block or -initial and -subsequent match both 'the
first time' a user navigates to the logon page.
in a perfect world i'd use -initial for inputting the credentials and the -subsequent block would execute when feedback
(mosly failed login) is displayed.

so i want to have a look into -events create and -events mutate in the hope this works better.

i am stuck atm because i can not use -mutate due to the preference being set to 'NO'. the setting 'Enable DHTML
monitor on web pages' is set to 'YES', but still no editing of 'Add application prompts for web pages on mutation'
is possible.

1. anyone knows why that might be?
2. is there a regkey i can use to override?
3. what is meant by
'.. NOTE:The Enable DHTML monitor on web pages preference replaces WEBSSO_DHTML registry setting. ..'
?
we have that key set to yes by an installation script - should i care to remove that. does it matter?
4. are there known, possibly deleterious effects when changing that?

from: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/securelogin8/readme_801/data/readme_801.html

' ...
Monitors DHTML Web Pages

You can now use Application Definition wizard to handle DHTML events. The wizard enables single sign-on for Web pages that require DHTML script.

A new preference, Enable DHTML monitor on web pages, is added to enable or disable the DHTML setting. When you manage the single sign-on by using the Administrative Management Utility or user interface, you can enable the DHTML setting by selecting the default value, Yes for the preference.

For DHTML applications that depend on mutation events, the Add application prompts for web pages on mutation preference must be set to Yes to single sign-on to the application.
..'

thanks for any guidance, florian

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
aigregdomjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: site/endsite -events mutate

Hi Florian,

'Add application prompts for web pages on mutation'
This option is for having the wizard automatic prompt after mutation event when there is no existing script and a password is found to be visible.

'Enable DHTML monitor on web pages'
This option is for having mutations monitored and have additional script execution for those events

WEBSSO_DHTML was introduced during a Hotfix (where preferences are not added during Hotfix due to localization constraint)
'Enable DHTML monitor on web pages' was introduced in next main release to deprecate WEBSSO_DHTML

DHTML monitoring is off by default as it
* had poor performance with IE 7
* existing scripts might have poor interaction with additional executions giving negative user experiance

You can/should remove WEBSSO_DHTML as it is no longer active since 8.5 and instead ensure preference 'Enable DHTML monitor on web pages' is configured to 'YES'

This was only relevant during 8.0*
For DHTML applications that depend on mutation events, the Add application prompts for web pages on mutation preference must be set to Yes to single sign-on to the application.

The process to get a wizard script that would run for mutation events was to be automatically prompted during a mutation event.
The advice was intended while the wizard UI was unable to offer configuration of the event(s) to trigger the script, it would still be relevant to those using wizard in user rather than admin mode.

-initial/-recent/-subsequent are tracked based on the script id and also the site name, and only recorded on successful match (completion to endsite)
Multiple matches that might trigger both initial/recent/subsequent are typically seen if there are multiple frames showing the same content.
Another reason might be that the script has not included 'endscript' before starting the next site block, it is intentional that multiple blocks can match in a single execution.

Greg Domjan Senior Software Engineer
0 Likes
florianz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: site/endsite -events mutate

thanks for sharing your knowledge. i'd like to read such things in release notes too, to not need to depend on your (or others) goodwill.

Multiple matches that might trigger both initial/recent/subsequent are typically seen if there are multiple frames showing the same content.

unfortunately you see such things in the wild 🙂

florian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.