Data Privacy: a Scorching Hot Topic at the Gartner Security & Risk Summit – and Everywhere Else!

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
1 0 1,298

What’s a good synonym for a ‘hot topic’? Sensitive, controversial, viral…Data Privacy is all of these. It’s a topic of such pressing interest, that it’s as relevant to the anti-establishment and hacker culture at Black Hat and Defcon as to the Federal Trade Commission. Data Privacy intersects culture, ethics, politics, technology, innovation, your business, and mine.

Data Privacy a Scorching Hot Topic at the Gartner Security & Risk Summit .pngSo, what better place to dive into a hot and polarizing topic than the Washington Metropolitan area? The Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2019, in National Harbor MD, June 17 – 20 promises to help you shift your organizational culture to improve cybersecurity, privacy, and business resilience.

Gartner’s take on Data Privacy

On Data Privacy, for example, Bart Willemsen, VP Analyst at Gartner, will cover how privacy relates to analytics (“Do GDPR, LGPD, CCPA etc. really mean you can’t touch any data for analytics anymore?”). Senior Director Analyst Nader Henein helps you get ready for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If your concern is dealing with too many mandates, too many programs, Jie Zhang, Sr. Director Analyst, offers a guide to reusing GDPR compliance investment for other major regional and country-specific privacy requirements. That’s a small random sample of the terrific content at this Gartner Summit!

Micro Focus at the Summit

Micro Focus sponsors the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, and brings it all together in one exhibit to demonstrate the complementary relationships between Privacy and Breach Defense. With Micro Focus, you can address Data Privacy effectively through our modular Security, Risk, and Governance solutions—and enhance both risk posture and Breach Defense as outcomes! Our Privacy solutions span Secure Content Management, Data Governance and Protection, Identity and Access Management, Archiving, and more. Do you have questions like these?

• How can I start my privacy compliance journey if I don’t know where my sensitive data is?
  • How can I manage access to a least privileged model?
  • Can you help me convince my board that investing in data governance can produce an ROI?
  • To discover, classify, and protect data—wouldn’t we have to take production systems offline?
  • Could protected data enable more data use, more access, more analytics and more answers?

Come see us at the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit booth 1054 and bring us your questions! Our Micro Focus experts are analyzing, developing and delivering to Data Privacy every day. We can help take the heat out of the Data Privacy topic and transform your thinking toward the opportunities for cybersecurity, privacy, and business resilience. See you there June 17 – 20, National Harbor, MD!

More Data Privacy content:

The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is the most consequential data privacy regulation yet to come out of U.S. initiatives. Read a concise data privacy white paper by PwC, discussing CCPA in light of GDPR.

California represents the 5th largest global economy (behind the US, China, Japan, and Germany). Find out when the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is so important to today’s CISOs and DPOs in our new InfoSec infographic:

Explore this LookBook to learn more about how our Data Protection and Identity solutions can protect your organization’s data.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.