Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

Don’t be a Breach Statistic - Attend the Micro Focus Cybersecurity Summit June 11-13

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
0 0 3,066

I don’t know about you, but my email inbox is flooded with alerts about data breaches… almost every single day. Really? Still? In 2019? Don’t believe me or my email inbox? The IT Governance blog has made it their mission to report on data breaches and cyber-attacks by month. January of this year saw an impressive 1.7 billion record leaks, although the blog acknowledged that it is hard to determine the usefulness of some of the records gathered from historic data breaches. February, the shortest month of the year the blog pointed out, saw a significant number of data breaches and cyber-attacks that amounted to a total of 692,853,046 leaked records. Not a good start to the year, and that doesn’t even include data from March and April.

Don’t be a Breach Statistic .png Why am I calling out these gaudy numbers? Because organizations and enterprises are still not doing enough to protect their customer’s and business data. One issue still causing headaches for organizations is the mix of many different technology disciplines and investments coupled with the move to digital transformation. How to do this efficiently and cost effectively without implementing a rip and replace approach? Who to partner with? Who can help with all the ins and outs?

With those questions in mind, it is with great pleasure I invite you to our second annual Micro Focus Cybersecurity Summit 2019 in Dallas on June 11-13. This is a great way for organizations to get a feel for the depth and breadth of our security solutions and allows us to show you how we can help you take a holistic, analytics-driven approach to securing what matters most – identities, applications, and data. Get a feel for what you are in for with this recap of the 2018 Cybersecurity Summit.

What’s in store for this year’s Cybersecurity Summit?

What I really like best about this summit is attendees get to both hear from our Micro Focus subject matter experts and from our customers, too, about how they are using our solutions in the real world. You will also have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills by diving deeper into our products with demos and 1:1 time with product experts across ArcSight, NetIQ, Fortify, Voltage, ZENworks, Secure Content Management, and our new UEBA product family—Interset.

I am very excited for our opening keynote, which will feature John Delk, General Manager - Security, Risk, and Governance Solutions, Micro Focus and Stephan Jou, Chief Technology Officer, Interset. John and Stephen are aware that attackers are constantly evolving. CISOs are on their own to evaluate the myriad of point solutions as well as left to navigate compliance and privacy challenges with regulations such as GDPR. This complex security landscape demands a more holistic approach, centered on how analytics and machine learning can power and automate decisions in real-time while providing the right level of risk management to solve for privacy concerns. It should be a great session!

Get a deep dive in to our security portfolio

Our tracks for this year’s summit will cover key security areas including application security, breach defense, and privacy. Breakout sessions will drill down into analytics and machine learning for advanced threat detection, security operations and efficient SOC standards to detect malicious intent, application security and DevOps, how identity governance can improve your digital transformation, data governance and protection, unifeid endpoint security, and the relationship between privacy and security.

The last day of the Summit will allow you to participate in hands-on workshop sessions that will allow participants to personally experience how these products can secure applications and data, drive identity-centric controls and intelligence and leverage powerful analytics to detect known and unknown threats.

Register now!

So, if you are looking to keep your company out of the headlines for a breach and want to evaluate one or more InfoSec solutions spanning security operationsUEBA security analytics, application security, identity and access management (IAM), unified endpoint management, and data security, then the Micro Focus Cybersecurity Summit 2019 in June is for you. Register today to see our customer-centric innovations across our security portfolio that help organizations take a holistic, open and intelligent approach to security that tackles today’s most sophisticated threats.

Follow Micro Focus Security on Twitter and use the hashtag #MicroFocusCyberSummit to stay up to date on the Cybersecurity Summit.

Tags (2)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.