Ignoring Saved Preferences with the Sentinel Control Center

Ignoring Saved Preferences with the Sentinel Control Center

Problem

A Forum reader recently asked:

"I am new to Sentinel. From the Control Center, my navigator panel is not displayed when I log in. Also, the tabs for Active Views and other options are disabled. How do I get this navigator panel back to view the events?"

And here is the response from David Corlette ...

Solution

If the Navigator or Worklist dockable frames in the Sentinel Control Center are closed, and the preferences are saved when closing, the Navigator and Worklist can only be restored by forcing the Sentinel Control Center executable to ignore saved preferences. To do this,

1. Append "-nopref" (without quotes) to the console.jar entry in the control_center.sh or control_center.bat file ("console.jar -nopref").

2. The frames are restored when you run control_center.sh or control_center.bat from the command line.

3. Other preferences, such as saved views, must be recreated and saved.

4. To re-enable the use of saved preferences, remove the "-nopref" argument from the control_center file.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2008-04-01 16:10
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.