Training Direct from Novell ~ for Sentinel Log Manager 1.1 and Access Manager 3.1

Training Direct from Novell ~ for Sentinel Log Manager 1.1 and Access Manager 3.1

Until now, my posts have been exclusively about training deliverables that come from my team of course developers. But we're not the only game in town when it comes to delivering training on Novell products. Far from it. In addition to my team, which develops the courses that are delivered by training partners, we have two other teams of folks who not only develop but also expertly deliver training.

The folks I'm referring to are the ATT Instructors. They do live delivery of courses in classrooms and via Novell Online. Not only are they great instructors, but they are also subject matter experts on their product line.

Novell Online training has grown to be one of the most popular ways our customers and partners get their Novell product training. It's convenient because you can join the class from your office or home. And you still get to do all the hands-on labs, and interact with the instructor and with fellow students.

We have a couple Novell Online courses that I'd like to highlight here:

The first I'd like to mention is Sentinel Log Manager 1.1 (Course 8209). This is a 3-day course, running from April 12 - 14, that covers installation, configuration, and event data collection. The official course description says:

Novell Sentinel Log Manager 1.1 provides high event-rate processing, long-term data retention, and regional data aggregation. It also provides simple searching and reporting functionality for a broad range of applications and devices. Novell Sentinel Log Manager collects data from a wide variety of devices, including intrusion detection systems, firewall, operating systems, routers, Web servers, databases, switches, mainframes, and anti virus event sources. In this class we will install, configure, and collect event data from several of these sources.

Go here to register for Course 8209: http://bit.ly/dGUXsk

The second one is Novell Access Manager 3.1 (Course 9000). This is also 3-day course that runs from April 19 - 20. It covers installation, and administration tasks such as creating secure user authentication and access policies with single-sign on capabilities. The official course description says:

Novell Access Manager 3.1 simplifies and safeguards online asset-sharing, helping you control access to Web-based and traditional business applications. Your trusted users gain secure authentication and access to portals, Web-based content and enterprise applications, while your IT administrators gain centralized policy-based management of authentication and access privileges. Secure access and authentication with simplified, centralized management-- that's Novell Access Manager 3.1. In this course, you will learn how to install and administer Novell Access Manager 3.1 and create secure user authentication and access policies with single-sign on capabilities that can be used securely anywhere with SSL VPN.

Go here to register for Course 9000: http://bit.ly/g7vsbY

Please follow us:
http://twitter.com/novell_training
http://www.facebook.com/NovellTraining

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2011-04-06 18:14
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.