Highlighted
sharfuddin2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

8.2 - Smartconnector for SAP, IBM Domino and Windows events

I have a POC planned for Sentinel 8.2, where customer is running SAP, IBM Domino and Microsoft Windows Servers.

Sentinel provides a SAP connector under "Preview and Test", while collector for IBM Domino is available under "Community Supported", Similarly WECS is also there for Windows.

What is the best way here, should I rather use Smart Connector, as all the above mentioned products are supported via Smart Connector or using the Sentinel developed connector/collector are better.

Please advise.
0 Likes
1 Reply
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 8.2 - Smartconnector for SAP, IBM Domino and Windows eve

sharfuddin;2489713 wrote:
I have a POC planned for Sentinel 8.2, where customer is running SAP, IBM Domino and Microsoft Windows Servers.

Sentinel provides a SAP connector under "Preview and Test", while collector for IBM Domino is available under "Community Supported", Similarly WECS is also there for Windows.

What is the best way here, should I rather use Smart Connector, as all the above mentioned products are supported via Smart Connector or using the Sentinel developed connector/collector are better.

Please advise.

There is also SAM for Windows.

What is the goal of your POC?

Are you also looking at IdT, or just information and events?

You may also have to consider what the target systems allow in terms of installation of 3rd party tools, what OS some of the products are running on, etc...

I get the feeling that the long term goal of the Sentinel/ArcSight products will be to use the Smart Connector and slowly deprecate the old ones where feasible. It would be easier to manage a single product for end point connectivity than spreading the maintenance of per-end-point connectors. It also allows for single standardised transports (i.e. Syslog over File, WMS, etc). Someone like Michael or Brandon would need to confirm the roadmap.

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.