Highlighted
sharfuddin2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ETA of Sentinel 8.2 ?

is it in near future ? in a month or two ?
0 Likes
11 Replies
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ETA of Sentinel 8.2 ?

Next release shouldn't be too far....they also have big plans, so some releases might be delayed as they work through that

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
sharfuddin2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ScorpionSting;2471205 wrote:
Next release shouldn't be too far....they also have big plans, so some releases might be delayed as they work through that

hmm.. Its good to know that some big improvements are about to come, but at the same time you provoke my desire to know "when" 😉
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Not 8.2, but:

Sentinel 8.0 SP1 Patch Update 2 (Sentinel 8.0.1.2)

0 Likes
davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Not for appliances ? I have customers with ONLY appliances ...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Just read that it's for traditional.....that means that 8.2 is not too far from coming out their door....they won't update the online repo with a minor patch if next revision is close to release.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Any news there ?
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Maybe Sentinel will be put aside, if there is ArcSight ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

No, Product Management have made it extremely clear, on multiple occasions, that both products would continue to be developed.

There is significant work underway in the backend to integrate the IdT related components with ArcSight and the "connector" components of ArcSight with Sentinel....so they're probably working through all the related complexities with the code changes which is delaying any "major" product releases....

There should be some good stuff in 8.2, but it may take some time to get it out the door in a stable state.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I apologize for taking a bit to answer, and sowing seeds of doubt in the minds of some. Right now we are targeting late Q2 / early Q3. I'm sorry I don't have exact dates at this time, but as I've said in other posts I want to provide as much information as I can. In another thread, I stated that one of the items in Sentinel 8.2 is integrating the collector technology of ArcSight into Sentinel. Because of the rules of the merger, and the holidays, the Sentinel engineering team wasn't able to begin looking at the code to be integrated until January of this year. There are also some internal processes we have to go through in order to leverage technology crossing the heritage Micro Focus and HPE - Software boundaries. We expect these hurdles to be addressed shortly. I promise that as we get a bit further through the process where myself and the team have better time clarity we will update this thread. Please feel free to ping us again, but it will likely be the end of March when we cross the threshold that will enable us to share more information.

Respectfully,

Michael Mychalczuk
Dir. Product Management
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Michael,
begin of April is here, any more info about 8.2 ? We have problem with agentless setup on Windows 2016 and more that half year is our customer waiting for resolution. We hope, that end of April is the date for FCS.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

In case you missed it, Sentinel 8.1.1.0 was released at the end of January. The Sentinel 8.2 release will be available in early summer.

Cheryl Witt Project Manager Micro Focus Engineering
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.