Highlighted
Rehtael Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Elasticsearch disk usage

Is there a formula or some way to at least estimate the amount of disk required for elastic search nodes in:

/var/opt/novell/sentinel/3rdparty/elasticsearch

I have a partition at the 3rdparty level, but when it hits 100% then the system goes haywire. Being able to allocate a suitable partition for elesticsearch would be helpful.

...and when it hits 100% for a period of time (like overnight), then the kibana index fails to initialise and 9200 dies....perpetually 😠

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Elasticsearch disk usage

You can find numbers for 3 sample environment sizes in System Requirements for Elasticsearch

You'll also have setup an Elasticsearch cluster. The main Sentinel server must not be a data node. That will keep ES it from filling /var/opt/novell/sentinel.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.