Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
956 views

Old "Develop to Sentinel" SDK site to be decommissioned

The server that hosts the 2011.1r1 version of the Sentinel Plug-in SDK is slated for decommissioning today (January 18, 2019).

As many of you who develop plug-ins already know, the Sentinel engineering team and Customer Care have been directing people for many years to the 2014.1r1 version of the SDK in the Preview section of the Sentinel Plug-ins site (https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/preview.html). For the near future, this is still the best version to download. This version will be fully supported by Customer Care and Engineering until the next version of the SDK is available.

A bug fix release versioned 2019.1r1 is under development. We expect to post it to the Officially Supported section of the Sentinel Plug-ins site in February 2019. At that point, it will be the only supported version of the SDK, and 2014.1r1 will be removed from the Preview site.

Cheryl Witt Project Manager Micro Focus Engineering
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Old "Develop to Sentinel" SDK site to be decommissioned

Thanks for the update as always.
--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Old "Develop to Sentinel" SDK site to be decommissioned

On 2019-01-19 00:24, CeeDubbVA wrote:
>
> The 'server that hosts the 2011.1r1 version of the Sentinel Plug-in SDK'
> (https://www.novell.com/developer/develop_to_sentinel.html) is slated
> for decommissioning today (January 18, 2019).
>
> As many of you who develop plug-ins already know, the Sentinel
> engineering team and Customer Care have been directing people for many
> years to the 2014.1r1 version of the SDK in the 'Preview section of the
> Sentinel Plug-ins site'
> (https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/preview.html)


Where will the developer documentation
- Using the Plug-in SDK to Develop Plug-ins
- Related Sentinel Development Topics
be hosted in the future then?


--
Norbert
0 Likes
brandon-langley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Old "Develop to Sentinel" SDK site to be decommissioned

klasen;2494103 wrote:
On 2019-01-19 00:24, CeeDubbVA wrote:
>
> The 'server that hosts the 2011.1r1 version of the Sentinel Plug-in SDK'
> (https://www.novell.com/developer/develop_to_sentinel.html) is slated
> for decommissioning today (January 18, 2019).
>
> As many of you who develop plug-ins already know, the Sentinel
> engineering team and Customer Care have been directing people for many
> years to the 2014.1r1 version of the SDK in the 'Preview section of the
> Sentinel Plug-ins site'
> (https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/preview.html)


Where will the developer documentation
- Using the Plug-in SDK to Develop Plug-ins
- Related Sentinel Development Topics
be hosted in the future then?


--
Norbert


At least right now, it's available in the PDF that deploys with the SDK.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Old "Develop to Sentinel" SDK site to be decommissioned

The new SDK and associated documentation are available now on https://www.netiq.com/support/sentinel/plugins/.

Cheryl Witt Project Manager Micro Focus Engineering
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.