Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Sentinel 8.2.1 is released!

Sentinel 8.2.1.0 is generally available. As announced on December 6 in “(Overview) End of Support Notifications Related to Sentinel,” the primary focus for this release is replacing the Oracle JDK with the open source Azul Zulu OpenJDK. This release also includes enhanced permissions, certification on new platforms, and various bug fixes. Please see the Sentinel 8.2.1 release notes for more detailed information.

As previously announced, Sentinel software appliance updates are only available on the SLES 12-based appliance platform going forward. If you are still using the older SLES 11-based appliance, please make immediate plans to upgrade because general support plans for SLES 11 and Sentinel’s SLES 11-based appliance end next month (March 2019). Upgrade procedures are available in the Sentinel 8.2.0.0 documentation.

Cheryl Witt Project Manager Micro Focus Engineering
0 Likes
7 Replies
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Sentinel 8.2.1 is released!

CeeDubbVA;2495124 wrote:
Sentinel 8.2.1.0 is generally available. As announced on December 6 in “(Overview) End of Support Notifications Related to Sentinel,” the primary focus for this release is replacing the Oracle JDK with the open source Azul Zulu OpenJDK. This release also includes enhanced permissions, certification on new platforms, and various bug fixes. Please see the Sentinel 8.2.1 release notes for more detailed information.

As previously announced, Sentinel software appliance updates are only available on the SLES 12-based appliance platform going forward. If you are still using the older SLES 11-based appliance, please make immediate plans to upgrade because general support plans for SLES 11 and Sentinel’s SLES 11-based appliance end next month (March 2019). Upgrade procedures are available in the Sentinel 8.2.0.0 documentation.

Thanks, but having same issue as NAM downloads (Thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/511175-444-downloads and Thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/511211-Bad-cdn-microfocus%21-Bad%21 )

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

We're looking into the download problems.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

This doesn't seem to be something the Sentinel team can resolve on their own, so I've logged an urgent ticket with the IT team. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve it quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The build is reposted at https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=Jg8zNW-UlgU~. I modified the original post to include the new URL.

0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CeeDubbVA;2495208 wrote:
The build is reposted at https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=Jg8zNW-UlgU~. I modified the original post to include the new URL.

Thanks, that one appears to work. Do you know if they investigated the single NAM file as well?

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

ScorpionSting;2495211 wrote:
Thanks, that one appears to work. Do you know if they investigated the single NAM file as well?

Sorry, I don't have any information on the NAM file.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 02/14/2019 11:34 AM, CeeDubbVA wrote:
>
> ScorpionSting;2495211 Wrote:
>> Thanks, that one appears to work. Do you know if they investigated the
>> single NAM file as well?

>
> Sorry, I don't have any information on the NAM file.

It's already resolved anyway, so no worries; it was never even a NAM
issue, of course, so not sure how it came up here.

Thanks for the Sentinel fixes.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.