davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Total lockup after update 8.2.1

Hi,
Anyone is experiencing server total lockup after installing 8.2 SP1 ? Separate Collector Manager and Correlation Engine servers running without problem, only main server is locking update after couple days. Nothing changed, system was running smoothly couple years. Is appliance based, upgrade to SLES12 was without problem and system was running couple months till 8.2 SP1 update.
0 Likes
4 Replies
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Total lockup after update 8.2.1

davidkrotil;2497572 wrote:
Hi,
Anyone is experiencing server total lockup after installing 8.2 SP1 ? Separate Collector Manager and Correlation Engine servers running without problem, only main server is locking update after couple days. Nothing changed, system was running smoothly couple years. Is appliance based, upgrade to SLES12 was without problem and system was running couple months till 8.2 SP1 update.

Anything more than a rant such as logs, what you mean by "lockup", hardware details, etc?

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,
Lockup=hang, VMware appliance, already opened SR(they are lost) , nothing unusual in logs before hang.
0 Likes
rochfo Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

davidkrotil;2497585 wrote:
Hi,
Lockup=hang, VMware appliance, already opened SR(they are lost) , nothing unusual in logs before hang.

Did you enable visual analytics by any chance? I had a similar issue, I enabled it to take a look at it but it crippled my system.

See this post, it may be relevant: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/509424-BufferOverLimit?p=2496669#post2496669
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.