Commodore Commodore
Commodore

10.50 upgrade error with new openssh 5.3.0.208 (Incompatible ssh peer (no acceptable kex algorithm)

we get when running the /distro/T8900-15065/T8900-15065-primary/disk001/opsware_installer/upgrade_opsware.sh -c  cdf.xml

Validating password ....

No handlers could be found for logger "paramiko.transport"

Incompatible ssh peer (no acceptable kex algorithm) (attempt 1 of 3)
You can use <ctrl>p to go to the previous parameter.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Pierre,

I just see that you already have an open case for this matter (5310887346),

As we are going to need some information from your side I will suggest to work over the case, I will help the assigned engineer in order to move the case forward.

So we will be contacting you at the earliest,

Thanks & Regards,

Manfred

Manfred Monge
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Even I am Facing this issue , how was it resolved ?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi anaik,

To resolve this issue you would need to enable the following two key exchange algorithms (sshd_config option KexAlgorithms) that are needed by paramiko 1.7.6 that the SA installer is using to ssh into the SA servers at install time:

'diffie-hellman-group1-sha1' or 'diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1'

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nikola

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Nikola,

I'm seeing same issue while installing 2018.08 on SLES 11 SP4 as shown here:

No handlers could be found for logger "paramiko.transport"
Incompatible ssh peer (no acceptable kex algorithm) (attempt 1 of 3)
You can use <ctrl>p to go to the previous parameter.

I tried to see what algo is enabled on SLES 11 SP4 and i found out this:

So it seems both of the algorithm already exist but still ssh is failing. Any suggestion idea ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.