Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. RajaG Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Auto update packages installation in device group

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I have created one device group and added 200 servers to that group. In this group all servers are installed updated packages (n-1) using with attached software policy.

If I attach 5 more servers to this group, which are not installed updated packages.

1) Is these 5 servers should install all updated packages? (Like in SCCM functionality)

2) How can I find out newly added servers in this group? (There is column like last modified or last created)

Kindly help on these

Best Regards,

Raja G

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Auto update packages installation in device group

Jump to solution

Hey Raja G,

f I attach 5 more servers to this group, which are not installed updated packages.

1) Is these 5 servers should install all updated packages? (Like in SCCM functionality)

- that software policy attached at the device group level will be automatically attached to those 5 new servers as well

- will not be automatically remediated, in turn the packages within that sw policy will not be automatically installed

- BUT! from Compliance tab you can run a Software Policies scan and remediate the non compliant ones afterwards

2) How can I find out newly added servers in this group? (There is column like last modified or last created)

since you're talking about Static Device Groups, after you added a new set of servers and you saved the Device Group, within the History tab you'll find that info 

here an example:

Date Event User Status Information 2016-06-07 10:45:44.0 Added server field to: [ "sa1020b.rom.hp.com" (ID: 20001) ] mihai Completed

Mihai Lazar
Automate & Orchestrate Solution Architect

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Auto update packages installation in device group

Jump to solution

Hey Raja G,

f I attach 5 more servers to this group, which are not installed updated packages.

- that software policy attached at the device group level will be automatically attached to those 5 new servers as well

- will not be automatically remediated, in turn the packages within that sw policy will not be automatically installed

- BUT! from Compliance tab you can run a Software Policies scan and remediate the non compliant ones afterwards

since you're talking about Static Device Groups, after you added a new set of servers and you saved the Device Group, within the History tab you'll find that info 

here an example:

Date Event User Status Information 2016-06-07 10:45:44.0 Added server field to: [ "sa1020b.rom.hp.com" (ID: 20001) ] mihai Completed

Mihai Lazar
Automate & Orchestrate Solution Architect

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.