Established Member.. JunHao
Established Member..

HP SA 10 Installation

Hi All

This installation is making me crazy. I don tknow why the hpsa_install.sh just doesnt run at all.

Below is the error that I got

You cannot run hpsa_install.sh from /mnt/hpsa-primary/-primary/opsware_installer

Please start with the primary distribution. Aborting!

I believe I've successfully mounted the iso correctly and that is the reason I get the error. but WHY cant I run the installer?

As I remember during installation HP SA version 9, all the interview will take place after the installation started. But in version 10, it just cant run the installer? What is my mistake?

FYI, I've merge all the 3 ISO together into a iso file (primary)

Please advise... this making me crazy!!!

Thanks

Jun Hao

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HP SA 10 Installation

Your mount point is not correct.

mkdir -p /mnt/sas-primary/disk001
mkdir -p /mnt/sas-oracle_sas/disk001
mkdir -p /mnt/sas-upload/disk001

And mount each of the media's to those locations.

0 Likes
Established Member.. JunHao
Established Member..

Hi 

Thanks for your advice

Finally I managed to run the installer. But somehow the installation did not install anything to the server.

How I know that, I try to uninstall the HPSA again and reinstall it. but when I run the uninstallation script, it stated that there is not component to uninstall.

Any idea?

Well.. of cause I also run the installation again but there is not way that I can select simple interview... now I need to answer 55 questions during the interview session? Any diea?

Jun Hao

0 Likes
Absent Member.. JBentley Absent Member..
Absent Member..

At the end of the interview, you should have an option to save your responses so that you can re-use that "response" file for future install, patch, uninstall needs.

At least, it did with 9.x
10.x changed from using the "response" file to a CDF file, but it serves the same purpose.  See Page 12 of the HPSA 10.1 upgrade guide for a bit more info.  However, 10.x installers can still make use of existing "response" files, and will convert them for you to the new CDF format (saved as a new filename in a default directory).

Assuming you have a "response" file..  you need to add the parameter "-r" followed by the path and name of your response file.  for example:
"hpsa_install.sh -r /primary_resp.txt"

This would "pre-answer" any questions for which the specified file contained.  You will be prompted for any missing questions.

If your previous installation autocreated a CDF response file for you, you can re-use that one.  Just specify the "-c" parameter instead of "-r", also followed by the path and filename of the CDF file to use.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Mitisha Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

hi 

i am new to this.. 

i want the installtion guide of SA which I wouldnt find it. 

shall i install the SA on windows??

please help me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.