Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP SA Service OS selection for windows OS Build Plan

HI, I have HPSA 10.22 up & running & able to install WIndows OS using default Proliant-WIndows OS installation buildplan against ILO. 

But if i boot any Machine via HPSA Service OS mode - by selecting HPSA Build Plan-WIndows (not OS seqeunce) , it not going to maintanance mode or i cannot run any OS build plan against those unprovitioned Server @HPSA . OS Build plan option is disabled & OS sequence Option is enabled. 

But same working for Rhel.

so which is the correct service OS i have to select for OS Build Plan under Windows..

is it winpe64  or winpe64-ogfs  or winpe64_40-ogfs  .. Under Proliant default windows OS build plan i can its winpe64. 

Joshy

osbp.JPG

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HP SA Service OS selection for windows OS Build Plan

WINPE32 is the "OS Sequence" equilvalent in the Windows world.
You need to boot with WINPE64-OGFS to use a build plan.

The OGFS PXE boot options mean they have an FULL AGENT inside them this is required to get a server into MAINTENANCE mode.  OS Build Plan will only operate on server in MAINTENANCE mode.
If you boot to a miniagent you may only run an OS Sequence - these server boot into PROVISIONING mode the GUI knows this and hence will not allow you to run a Build Plan on them.

Brett

Highlighted
Visitor.

Currently I am doing manually to boot service OS, how can we automate this process. 

Let me know your ideas.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey Sri,

Check SA_10.xx_UG_Provisioning.pdf guide, "Using the Manage Boot Clients Option" section

Mihai Lazar
Automate & Orchestrate Solution Architect

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thanks Mihal 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.