Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

HPSA 10.60 and 3rd party certificate mode

Has anyone actually deployed 10.60 with 3rd party certificate mode enabled? I am planning an upgrade to address the TLS deprecation in PCI, however I am also interested in the experiences in others with deploying your own certificates to handle the PKI inside HPSA.

thanks,

--Chris

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. CVPL-JL Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: HPSA 10.60 and 3rd party certificate mode

Hi,

I am trying to achieve this. I have HPSA 10.60 installed using Self-Signed certificate mode but now trying to switch to 3rd Party Certificate mode.

There are not specific instructions in the SA1060 Administration Guide on how to do this switch. And there is a need to generate the CSRs but there are no instructions from the Administration Guide as well.

I have tried to use the Recert Tool (OCT) - recert_utils but was unsuccessful.

Anyone help/info is appreciated.

Thank you.
JL

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. stuck_wall Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

If you have a min to spare, could I pick your brain on the installation of 10.60 ?  I have yet to install it. I keep running in to installation errors.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi stuck_wall,

which part did the installation failed? I will try to help.

Basically during the running of the installation, you will need to answer the interview questions regarding the SA environment. The installation process will also check the OS readiness (i.e. Local time in UTC, required OS Packages, etc) before allowing the installation to proceed.

Thank you.
JL

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi all,

some updates on this issue.

I had patched SA10.60 to Patch 04 and there are some changes to the corerecert.conf file. The corerecert.conf now includes settings for 3rd Party Cert mode.

After updating corerecert.conf file, running command "./corerecert --phase 1 --doit —debug" in "/opt/opsware/oi_util/OpswareCertTool/recert_utils", generates the CSRs in "/var/opt/opsware/recert/csrs". 

I am still trying to find out where to place the generated Certificate files for the CSRs before proceeding with the Recert process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
JL

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Pierrot_2 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I have to go through the same "opportunity", is there some comprehensive documentation on how to go from 10.60 self-signed to 3rd party certs?

Pierre

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.