Highlighted
mypupsrgr8
New Member.

HPSA 10.x Client for Mac OS (JNLP - Java Network Launcher Protocol)

In prior releases of HPSA (9.x), I used to be able to download a JNLP file to my Mac OS client from any of our HPSA mesh hosts using a URL similar to the following:

http://my-hpsa-host.mydomain.com/jnlp?hostname=hpsa-green.wellsfargo.com&launcherversion=1.7.4&-Dcom.opsware.bootstrap.host=my-hpsa-host.mydomain.com

However, I believe beginning with HPSA 10.x, this no longer worked and would complain about Java JAR files not being able to be loaded (e.g. crypto.jar).  I have modified the URL above for 10.6 to use launcher version 2.1.13 instead of "1.7.4" as in the above URL.  I do get a new JNLP file downloaded, however, when I attempt to open it with Java Web Start, I get an error dialog box with an error stating the following:

Unable to load resource:  http://my-hpsa-host.mydomain.com/webstart/crypto.jar

The "Exception" tab of the dialog box indicates the following:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://hpsa-green.wellsfargo.com /webstart/ngui.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Furthermore, the "Wrapped Exception" tab contains the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid characters in hostname
at java.net.HostPortrange.toLowerCase(HostPortrange.java:189)
at java.net.HostPortrange.(HostPortrange.java:150)
at java.net.URLPermission$Authority.(URLPermission.java:486)
at java.net.URLPermission.parseURI(URLPermission.java:454)
at java.net.URLPermission.init(URLPermission.java:170)
at java.net.URLPermission.(URLPermission.java:166)
at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpUtils.followRedirects(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequestEX(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Has anyone had any success doing this with the 10.x HPSA mesh?  Otherwise, has anyone had success running the HPSA client from a Citrix-based server from a non-Windows client?  If so, I would appreciate any details on what you had to do to get the HPSA 10.x client deployed to a Citrix-based server.

Best Regards,

Ted 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.