Absent Member.. Tony_G Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Missing disk information (Windows)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have serveral Windows Servers (2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012) that have the HPSA agent installed but are not showing any information with regards to disk (C:, E:, etc). All the other data shows for these servers and I can run a successful communication test to these servers.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Regards,

Tony G

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. molinabro1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Missing disk information (Windows)

Jump to solution
Tony,

I see that this case has been escalated to Engineering, I would suggest to track this issue in the support case channel, I see that Fernando has asked for some info, once he gets it he will pass it on to engineering for next steps towards resolution.

Ed Molina
HP Cloud Solution Support Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
We're not, but when we experience issues like this (other inventory information has been missing or inaccurate, but not disk space specifically), we run bs_hardware --debug on at least one affected and one unaffected system and attach the output to a new support case.

I realize you're looking to see if any others have this issue, but thought it might be helpful to go about troubleshooting the problem.

Sorry for any typos; Posting from my phone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
* Helpful to know how to go about
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I have had a support case open for months on this issue!!!

It is hit or miss on the registration...I have some servers that run a hardware and software registration with no issues (still no disk info) and others that fail the software registration.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Tony,

If you run software and hardware registrations, do they come through alright? Also, have you tried reloading cache in SA client? What version of SA do you have, also at what patch level are you?

Ed Molina

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
At the time you submitted your latest comment, I submitted mine too, is this only happening with Windows? Also, what is the case number?

Ed Molina

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Windows only.

Case Number  - 4646437094

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Running HPSA 10.01

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Tony,

I see that this case has been escalated to Engineering, I would suggest to track this issue in the support case channel, I see that Fernando has asked for some info, once he gets it he will pass it on to engineering for next steps towards resolution.

Ed Molina

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.