Highlighted
MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Opsware agent on a Windows server image

Is it possible to have the Opsware agent installed on a server but not registered/activeated as part of a server image and then activated once the image is cloned?

What are the complications in doing so?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Honored Contributor.. SPierce1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Opsware agent on a Windows server image

The "BRDC HPSA Agent Sanitizer" may be what you need.

Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

As Suzanne mentioned, the BRDC agent sanitizer is what you're after.  It works by removing all the identifying characteristics of the agent so it basically installs when the clone is started. The User Guide for provisioning covers this pretty well.

There's not a lot of downside to it; it works. It can sometimes be a bit confusing as you may end up with History that is from the template creation.  

--Chris

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. DH_1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Chris.

Would you mind pointing me to the right version of the user guide.

I have searched 10.21, 10.50, 10.51 and 10.60 but are unable to locate any info on the BRDC sanitizer.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hey Dan,

You're right! This isn't mentioned in the UG for 10.60 (all 1000 pages of it), but the extension is sure there.  It's in the library under /Opsware/Tools/OS Provisioning/BRDC Support. Heck, it's even missing from the 10.2x documentation. It did make it into the bug section of the 10.60 release notes.

You know, come to think of it, we had to find this out the hard way when we were deploying 9.02. There was a sparsity of documentation even then.

--Chris

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. DH_1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Yes. I have also been looking for that doc for years now. But i guess i should give the extension a go if this is the best way to have the agent in an image.  Right now i just have a registered agent that will generate a new server record in hpsa, however it will fail if we do not have the 'template' in there also.

Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.