Absent Member.. Tony_G Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Running ad-hoc OGFS scripts

Hello,

Is there a way to run ad-hoc OGFS scripts via the console?

We are also looking for a way to intiate an ad-hoc OGFS script from HPOO. 

Regards,

Tony

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Running ad-hoc OGFS scripts

You can SSH into OGFS using the any of the OO's built-in SSH operations and run the scripts that way.  The format of the command would be just the same as if you ran it at the command line.  But for example, if you have the script test_script.sh in the root home directory of OGFS:

rosh -n somehost.somecompnay.com -l root -s ./test_script.sh add-some-script-args-here

You should also look at the -w and -W options and specify those, and possibly -t if you need to provide any input to the remote script as it executes.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tony_G Absent Member..
Absent Member..

So we are currently leveraging SSH to run OGFS scripts. We are now looking to run ad-hoc OGFS (dynamically built scirpts) using HPOO. I see that there is a flow called "startAdhocOGFSScript ". When I am in the HPSA console I can run a ad-hoc script form there but I don't see similiar functionality for OGFS.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Write to a temp file and then execute using rosh -s?  Delete the temp file after, of course.  I'd imagine that's what is done behind the scenes anyway.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.