Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. aalgohary Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SA 10.01 OS Provisioning Errors

Hi,

I have SA 10.01 Enterprise installed on RHEL 5.4 x86_64 machine. I have the following problems:

1- When trying to provision W2K8-R2-64 server using OS Build Plan, I get error with server registration with the core. Attached Error (winpe-ogfs version 50.0.41360.0 error.PNG) while I don't have this error if I used older build agent version.

2- When trying to provision RHEL_5.5_x86_64 server using OS Sequence, I get error in first reboot. Attached Error (linux6 build agent error.PNG)

Please advise regarding these errors.

BR,

Ahmad Al Gohary

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. lyubo_ Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: SA 10.01 OS Provisioning Errors

Hi Ahmad,

I see you have opened a case regarding this issue which has been still working on.

What DHCP server are you using ?

Let me remind you the supported dhcp servers for provisioning regarding the installation guide:

"For OS provisioning, you may use either the DHCP server included with SA, an existing ISC
DHCP server, or the MS Windows DHCP server"

Regards,

Lyubomir

Lyubomir MInchev
SA Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos at the left-hand side.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. aalgohary Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SA 10.01 OS Provisioning Errors

Hi Lyubo,

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, I'm not using any of the DHCP servers mentioned below but this is not the problem because I transferred the winpe64-ogfs build agent to the provisioned server and booted using it and I had the following:

1- Using winpe64-ogfs build agent version 45 successfully registered the server with the CORE after entering SA IP manually but the OS Build Plan failed due to old build agent version.

2- Using winpe64-ogfs build agent version 50 stucked as shown in the snapshot attached with the orginal post.

Regarding the DHCP server, we are using Mikrotik Linux Server for that purpose. Starting the SA DHCP server with that one makes a conflict but sometimes I start it to catch the build agent only.

I hope I'm clear.

BR,

Ahmad Al Gohary

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.