Commodore Commodore
Commodore

SA 10.23 and RHEL 8

rollup 10.23.018 says that it fixed :

Yes
SRVA_00311:
OCTCR19L910137: RHEL8 osprov on 10.23

Does that mean that it would recognize RHEL 8 now?

Thanks

Pierre

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

For redhat8 support you would also need the platform installer for REDHAT8. That platform installer is available via SA support for customers who purchased Extended Support Plus for SA 10.23.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Bonimre,

Why do you write that? I asked support and their answer is:

Hello Pierre,

Thanks for your time during the phone call. As I said on it, I am Anderson Obando from Microfocus, Software Support, SA team and, I will be assisting you on this case.

Regarding the ticket, I have asked for more information about the RHEL 8 platform for SA10.23 but, unfortunately, they said that it does not exist if it is not on the platform installer page. So, RHEL 8 is not supported by SA10.23.

Based on the platform installer page it is supported on SA10.50, SA10.60 and on SA2018.08. However, if you can share me the link where you have seen the information you mentioned on the call, I will make a formal elevation to to understand what happened with this.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  Pierre,

I know of only 2 of our customers who have purchased extended support plus for SA 10.23.

We delivered the RH8 platform installer for 10.23 to one of them who requested it.

Our first level support engineers who handled your case might not have the up-to-date information about the internal platform releases.

-Imre

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

So what's the trick to have the servers that were listed as "OS=unknown" to be recognized as RHEL8 after the platform installer has been run?

re-install the agent? or is there a better way? 

Thanks

Pierre

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Wait 12 hrs and the agent will report in and this will be corrected.

If you can't wait then you need to run bs_hardware on each server manually.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.