(SA) Support Tip: Windows patches are imported with an empty description
If the locale is different from English it is possible that Server Automation fails to import the description of some (or all) patches from the wsusscn2.cab file.
To fix this it is needed to set the locale back to English with the following steps:
1. Open the Server Automation client
2. Go to System Configuration
3. Select Software Repository (word)
4. Find the parameter patchman.ms_mbsa20_selected_localelist and set its value to ['en']
5. Delete all Windows patches with this command:
/opt/opsware/bin/python2 /opt/opsware/mm_wordbot/util/win_remove_patches.pyc --commit --deleteAll --source Microsoft --force --output DeleteAll_commit.dict --report DeleteAll_commit.rpt
6. Run the garbage collector manually with this command to clean up the deleted units:
env PYTHONPATH=/opt/opsware/pylibs2:/opt/opsware/spin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/opsware/lib/ /opt/opsware/bin/python2 /opt/opsware/spin/util/clean_up_units.pyc
7. Import the wsusscn2.cab file again
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.