Scan SA Agent 2018.08
From SA Server when i run the bellow command:
/opt/opsware/nmap/bin/nmap -oX - -v -S <SA_core_IP_address> --exclude <SA_core_IP_address> -O -sT -T Aggressive -p T:22,T:445,T:3389,T:514,T:1002,T:80,T:443,T:25 < server_where_agent_will_be_installed>
the output is 1 host up and show the MAC of the target server.
is there a resoltion for this problem?
We are also facing this in one of our environments.
This is a critical issue for us.
Thanks and best regards
There is information missing required for any investigation into the issue. Please when you raise problems provide everything up-front. When people have to do 10 rounds of questioning to figure out the details of a problem you'll find you never get an answer.
* You have stated SA 2018.08 - and what rollup patch level?
* What OS version is being scanned? If Windows fire up a command shell and report what it says - the EXACT version being reported is important. You'll see something like this.
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508]
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Is the scan being conducted through a realm that is a satellite?
* If so what is the version of the satellite? Locate the gateway version using the Administration/Gateway page in the GUI. Just because the core is 2018.08 this does not imply the satellite is also at that version.
* Has the satellite had any rollups applied?
Instead of responding in this forum raise a support ticket including all the above as part of the problem statement. Do not miss anything that would require support to have to come back to you for more information as this will delay resolution.