Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Scan SA Agent 2018.08

Hi Experts ,

SA 2018.08 i can install the agent on the servers manully with noe problem.

but when i tried to scan the target servers by IP or hostname i get the attached error.

i appreciate your help i have around 2000 servers i cant install the agent manully.

BR

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

From SA Server when i run the bellow command:

/opt/opsware/nmap/bin/nmap -oX - -v  -S <SA_core_IP_address>  --exclude <SA_core_IP_address> -O -sT -T Aggressive -p T:22,T:445,T:3389,T:514,T:1002,T:80,T:443,T:25 < server_where_agent_will_be_installed>

the output is 1 host up and show the MAC  of the target server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Did you find a resolution to this issue? We have a customer with identical error message... Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Please get back the error lines in log file:

/var/log/opsware/twist

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello,

is there a resoltion for this problem?

We are also facing this in one of our environments.

This is a critical issue for us.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello,

attached the output of server.log from /var/log/opsware/twist/

Internal IPs are deleted.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is information missing required for any investigation into the issue.  Please when you raise problems provide everything up-front.  When people have to do 10 rounds of questioning to figure out the details of a problem you'll find you never get an answer. 

* You have stated SA 2018.08 - and what rollup patch level?
* What OS version is being scanned?  If Windows fire up a command shell and report what it says - the EXACT version being reported is important.  You'll see something like this.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508]
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

* Is the scan being conducted through a realm that is a satellite?
* If so what is the version of the satellite?   Locate the gateway version using the Administration/Gateway page in the GUI.   Just because the core is 2018.08 this does not imply the satellite is also at that version.
* Has the satellite had any rollups applied?

Instead of responding in this forum raise a support ticket including all the above as part of the problem statement.  Do not miss anything that would require support to have to come back to you for more information as this will delay resolution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.